Today, write your own list on one of these topics:
- Things I Like
- Things I’ve Learned
- Things I Wish
Making a list is not one of my habits. I don’t recall making them. Not even when I was young. Some people can’t go to a supermarket without a shopping list. Me, I waltz inside there and take everything that looks good to me or feel like eating. Probably not the best way to grocery shop but what the heck…
So, this assignment is new to me. In fact I don’t know where to begin. I struggle with ideas (I have none) how to approach this task.This manner of writing is something I have never tackle before, which is probably good because it is a good opportunity for me to learn something different. So, do forgive the shortcomings and be gentle please…
Things I Like
- Books- I can’t leave without. They are my constant companion. They are loyal to me. Something I can never say about certain people. Books turn me on.
- Taking long walks It soothes my restless mind and troubled soul and bring me to places I never been before.
- Writing- I can’t remember the time I am not scribbling my thoughts. I was eight years old when I wrote my first school play. I write to keep sane, to quiet the voices in my head, to get rid of too much ideas, I write because I don’t know any better.
- Travelling- there is a saying that goes like this: “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” I believe it.
- Gardening- Very good therapy. Great way to be Zen. I forget all my woes when I’m busy out there. I love to create, to see something grow out of my effort. I love nature. There is a never ending adventure in gardening. So much beauty, so much miracles, so much puzzles.
- Interior Design- My passion. My Job. My hobby.
- Watching People- They are my source of inspiration. There are a lot to learn by just mere observing. Who needs television and movies when you can have real life drama?
Things I’ve Learned
- Never to trust anyone
- No expectation, no disappointment, no disillusions
- Blood is not thicker than water
- After all these years, words still have the power to hurt me
- Nothing last forever, the only constant in this world is changes
- Love is overrated (like popular places/tourist attractions
- You cannot outrun your past. It has a nasty sneaky way of catching up on you when you’re not looking.
- The worst betrayal is the one committed by your own blood. The wounds never heal and continue bleeding. You cannot get over it.
- Money is the root of all evil but people need roots.
- And to quote Simon and Garfunkel: I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain. It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain…
- Alone doesn’t mean lonely.
Things I Wish
- That I am healthy
- I am a man
- That I was born into another family
- I have amnesia
- Given more chances in life
- That I know then what I know now.
- Never have met certain people
- World peace
- Things money cannot buy (love, happiness, health and peace)
I think these will do for now…